Welcome to the District Mechatronics Program Website!
If you are interested and have any questions, please contact Mr. Evanisky
In an emerging mechatronics industry, students who are aspiring to become programmers, designers or engineers, will have the opportunity to participate in a project based technology program in mechatronics and manufacturing.
The Robotics and Automation Program will provide interested students with the opportunity to study a multidisciplinary combination of courses that blends knowledge in electronics, mechanics and computer programming to design intelligent mechatronics (electromechanical) systems and devices.
WHAT DOES SOMEONE WORKING IN ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION DO?
- design, install and repair robotic and automated hardware and equipment
- inspect and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems
- understand electrical theory and schematics
- determine requirements for new systems and modifications
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- up to 16 graduation credits
- a portfolio of actual projects designed and built
- connections with employers through work practicum
- greater understanding of future cutting edge and developing technologies, microelectronics, computer engineering, biomedical engineering, multimedia and telecommunications
- a foundation in hands-on, technical and theoretical knowledge to support transition to post-secondary studies and future employment in automotive, manufacturing, biomedical, aerospace, or consumer products
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- going into grade 11 or 12
- enrolled in Math 11 or 12
- knowledge of physics is an asset
- strong interest in designing and building robots
- aptitude for working with computer hardware, software and electronics
- good employability skills
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
Alpha Secondary School
Currently schedule (temporarily changed due to current world situation)
- Quarter 2: 9:15am to 2:25pm (period 1 and 2)
- Quarter 4: 9:15am to 11:25pm (period 1 only)
Current Enrolled School
Students will continue to attend current school to complete all other courses
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in a program interview